Re: A qestion of honor

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 09:46:08 -0400

Andy wrote:

> If a beserking warrior kills a member of his kin or party suring one
> such action is he :-
>
> A : Dishonrable
> B : Liable for punishment , ie gulity of murder ?
> C: Liable for blood debt.

He's guilty of kinstrife. But I think that this thread was discussed a little while ago at length (during February/March). Check the archives under kinstrife. I think that John Hughes and a few others did some very good essay answers.

But in short: He's committed kinstrife. He's guilty. There IS no solution. Even outlawry and death would compound the problem. Check, Thunder Rebels for details on Kinstrife and its 'cure.'

This is why most Storm Bullies and Humakti are 'severed from kin' (or in the case of SB's prone to wandering and serving with different clans)

Jeff