RE: Happy Easter

From: Gareth Martin <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:44:43 +0100

> There is a Hrestol Saints-day, but not even the Loskalmi would
> agree that his day is the most important in the Malkioni
> Calender. The best analogy for importance that I can think of
> is the Shi'ite rites celebrating the martyrdom of Ali.

As a broader question, I'm not sure what the "point" of malkioni veneration is. After re-reading much of HW Malkioni thought, I have some trouble understanding why Malkioni bother with veneration. It appears only distantly, or un-, related to sorcery proper. The only effect the venerators gain, it would appear, is automatically providing extraordinary support for communal magics. If there is no afterlife for the Malkioni, what is the point of their worship, or is simply the magical home defense effect?

I am now quite intrigued by Malkioni thought - always wanted an opportunity to run a campaign centering around heresy and such. Although, there again - if the invisible god is so impersoal, what does heresy matter?