Re: Re: Veneration, Malkioni, Brithini

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 11:18:02 -0400

bethexton_at_... wrote:

> Do the Brithini even have liturgists and community blessings? I had
> the impression from somewhere that *all* their magic was handled by
> the 'wizards,' although I may have mis-interpreted. Still, it would
> seem to help explain the appeal of Malkionism--not just Solace, but
> that more ordinary people can gain blessings in everyday life,
> instead of being totally dependant on wizards.

That would explain a part of Malkion's appeal -- as well as the thought of solace. Folks do like to think they have a share in their community and support. The Zzaburi caste seem very much the white-lab coat types. Which, given their view of the universe as impersonal forces, makes a lot of sense.

And the blessings are tangible result of that veneration for the Creator. This can be very seductive. I suspect that many/most of the original Malkioni were from the lower castes rather than the upper. This would also somewhat explain their less potent sorcery coupled with the fact that living forever _can_ make you very, very good at what you do.

> And hence you prove your adherence to the rules, and so live forever.

With the example of the lifestyle provided suspect that Brithini live forever, but it seems much, much longer.