Re: Geography Question

From: Osentalka_at_...
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:23:57 EDT

Hello Friends
> I'm trying to rough up a map to help with my current campaign.

> The characters are from the Colymar, but I'm having trouble reconciling
> the existing maps. Ian Thomson's map from the website shows Runegate
> almost on the line between Greydog Inn and Two Sisters. The map in the
> Avalon Hill Apple Lane shows Runegate dur North from Greydog Inn.

True

> However the map in the centre of TOTRM #19 does not have Runegate on the
> map, instead has a 'to Runegate' on the edge, which puts Runegate well to
> the east of the Two Sisters/Greydog Inn line (which, incidentally that map
> has as just about due north). This puts it in direct conflict with both
> of the other two.

Also true.

If you draw a line from Two Sisters to Gredog Inn Runegate is one third from TS to GI. And half of that distance to the east.

If you have a rough map (like in Avalon Hills Apple Lane) these three locations are almost in line, but if you have a more detailed map Runegate is "slightly" to the east of that line.

> Also, the Apple Lane module says Apple Lane is on the Colymar/Maboder
> border. but every map with tribes on it shows it being in the middle of
> Colymar lands. Any ideas?

Apple Lane in one Colymar lands, near the border to MALANI lands.

Cheers

André