Re: Veneration, Malkioni, Brithini (was Happy Easter)

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 18:59:55 -0000

> practices sorcery without veneration. Instead of
> worshipping, I'd say they study. RW 16th & 17th
> century science comes to mind, with its mixing of what
> we today would call science and superstition. Only,
> the superstitious part does work. Well, I'm just
> guessing.

Yeah, I toyed with alchemy as an analogy before the cargo cult - indeed, almost runic symbols for elements, and for processes like decay and evaporation.

I was also struck by another thought while reading Nicks page, where he discusses the similarities between Malkioni heroquesting and the pendragon "mythos" - green and black knights and so forth. I am reminded of Tim Powers book Last Call, which employed the very abstract characters of the tarot - the hierophant, the magician - as powers in themselves. Is it plausible that one technique used by Malkioni sorcerers, or perhaps the amateur, would be tarot-like depictions of abstract personalities, as a substitute representation of real or projected personalities?