Tapping (which does not make for a Re: Happy Easter)

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 19:31:10 -0000

Its quite likely. I'm not sure how it would work though. But you're right -- the Brithini and Zzaburi seem to be a very practical lot. If there's energy to be had, then they probably are using it somehow. Since the "Communal Will" is one of the heavy hitters in Hero Wars. I'm just not sure if they would share it in a vague 'blessing the community' sort of way out or would utilize it in more precise rituals.

A "Bless Warrior Who Guards The Bridge To The Lands Of The Idolators" ritual with a rude duration and power. This takes advantage of the phenomenal skill

> Isn't tapping sort of fatal? Or, if not fatal, at least
weakening? If
> you're draining your Farmers of their health and vigor, what good is
their
> immortality? Or are there two sorts of Tapping, one like the classic
RQ
> version, and a kinder, gentler tapping that serves the communal
needs of
> the Brithini?

Tapping is nasty business still. I suspect that the Brithini use it freely as its 'just another resource' -- if they need it, they will use it.

"To save Arrolaint, we had to destroy it." In extremis, the Brithini tend to draw on any resource availble, regardless of the consequences. That's why some of their forlorn little colonies are such miserable places. Once they'd tapped out all the renewable resources, they sort of strip-mined the intangibles like Hope, Color, Imagination (not necessary to the lower castes, of course) and so forth.

The Talars (rulers) seem to be more concerned with defending their immortal lives and those of the people under their care (Farmers, Soldiers, Zaburri) at what seems any price than ethics or aesthetics.

My understanding is that places where the Brithini are still found are often quite depression pieces of real-estate. Sort of like living in suburbia.

Jeff