Re: Veneration, Malkioni, Brithini (was Happy Easter)

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:29:01 +0200

Peter Larsen & Peter Nordstrand:

> > For the Brithini, take all the "feel good" elements
> > out of the above scenario. You "venerate" because
> that
> > is how you share your (um, energy?
> > will?) with those who have been appointed to direct
> > that power for your good.
>
> Yes, veneration doesn't seem like the correct term
> here. I have a feeling that the Brithini somehow
> practices sorcery without veneration.

Absolutely, western magic comes through two "methods", domination (of the impersonal forces of the sorcery plane) and submission (to God's will). Sorcerers (Zzaburites, Brithini) practice exclusively domination. Liturgists practice exclusively submission (blessings and curses). Wizards practice both. Or something like that.

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?