Re: How long does it take to learn sorcery?

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 18:26:38 -0000

> I should. But actually I'm propably going to look into the workings
of
> the earliest universities (well parhaps not Plato's, but early
still),
> and monasteries. I'm leaning in favor of a sorcerer academy in
favor of
> a Wizardly monastery at the moment, though both have their
attractions.

Early renaissance universtities are quite violent places - many of them made wearing a sword obligatory - Cambridge still has a sword as part of dress in its statutes, apparently, although nobody wears them any more of course. I seem to remember reading somewhere that at least one of the old university cities passed a law specifically banning students from begging in the streets, too.

I dont know if such establishments exist, and whether or not they would teach sorcery - they would often teach rhetoric and the classics, etc. But this might well be too late a period for what you want to do.