Rigsdal

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 11:44:55 +1000

Thanks to everyone who responded to my request for info on Rigsdal, both on list and privately. It was indeed Jane's Polaris stories I was trying to remember.

Yes the Elmal similarities are intriguing, and perhaps worthy of some light/dark twin type stories (not literally) and some 'they're never here at the same time' type stories - Bright Elmal guards by day, Silver Rigsdal on the Star Watch by night. And Vinga bothers them both... :)

We now have three 'palisade defenders' - Elmal, Rigsdal, and Vinga. Given that IMG I play up the Vinga/Elmal rivalry for all its worth, I can see Rigsdal and Vinga as being friendly, and often united in their opposition to Elmal's bullying.

We could also play with the moving/immovable opposition, though in this instance Vinga is on Elmal's side with the Movement affinity.

Of course, when it comes to crunch time, all three cults will defend each other to the death.

There are some great stories here! Thank you all.

Cheers

John

nysalor_at_... John Hughes

Jarl grew up on the floor of that hall.
He soon swung shield, twined string, bent bow, Shafted arrows, hurled spear, swung lance, Harried hounds, rode horses, wielded sword, and swam the wave.

>From the concealing woods came wandering Rig, came striding Rig.
He taught him runes, gave him his name and called him son, Gave him inheritance, possessions, farmlands, Farmlands and ancient cities.