RE: Re: How long does it take to learn sorcery?

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 12:59:11 +0100

Gareth asked:

> I was wondering about Ars Magica - do you think the covenant model of
> wizards interacting in this sort of community (grogs etc - followers)
> is a plausible model for a HW game?

In a slightly unusual way, yes. You could have the wizardly, monotheistic Church of whatever part of the West you're based in replacing the Christian Dominion, with the Covenant being a group of Zzaburi atheist sorcerous outsiders (and their followers), rejected by society and studying "unwholesome" sorcerous arts in a secluded tower on the edge of the wilderness...

Cheers, Nick