RE: Tricksters Leaving the Path

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 01:03:37 +0100

On Friday, April 20, 2001 5:31 PM, Charles Corrigan [SMTP:glorantha_at_...] wrote:

> Ah, but now you are playing a trickster, you need some good myths for
> your character ;-)

Naturally. :)

> We were talking last night about trickster quests. Given that
> tricksters often are sent (beaten?) on quests to take the blame etc.
> where bad things happen (to the trickster), the question came up of
> why would a trickster stick to the path. My suggestion was that a
> trickster did try to leave the bad path for a 'better' path - but
> only once. Even more horrible things happened to them on
> that 'better' path so they never tried it again.

I think that no one will be mad enough to let the trickster go off heroquesting on his own. Unless they get Tricked into it, of course!

If I was an Orlanthi, I'd keep my trickster on a very short leash on the heroplane. When you're already in enough trouble that any more won't make any difference, that's when you let Eurmal rip.

Regards,

Bruce