Re: Humakt's Raven Banner

From: plarsen_at_...
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 16:03:38 -0500 (CDT)

David Dunham says to

Mikko:
> >(I wonder how to translate this to HW rules. What does the banner
> >actually do?)
>
> Just what you said: it guarantees victory and the standard bearer
> dies. That's what it does.
>
> I think waving it draws Humakt's attention.

It occurs to me that the Raven Banner is a little odd -- I mean, what does Humakt have to do with victory? Surely Vingkot or Orlanth are better choices. Maybe the Raven Banner, if you feel the need to explain it does not grant victory but death. It prevents the use of healing by the opposing side, at the cost of the bearer's life (maybe the using side also has a problem with healing, but nobody's noticed). If both sides had similar items or magics (I bet the Carmanians would love something like this...) it would be more a question of slaughter than victory. Just an idea. I prefer the: "you win; you die; you storytell what this means" approach, myself.

Peter Larsen