Re: THis may seem stupid but

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 21:00:25 +1200

Andy:

>what is list of Afflinites for Yanafal Tarnis , i seem to have lost my book

Yanafal teaches Combat, Military Magic and Warlord. The first is for personal conflict, the third is for prowess on the battlefield) while the second seems to be support. I think the Tarshites drop one one (most probably military magic) and replace it with Light of Action (from Urvarinus).

Now as your character won't have much opportunity for battleground deeds of derring-do, much of the magic is of only marginal usefulness. What he could worship instead is Yanafal of the Seven Mothers (which is really Yanafal Tarnils as worshipped by members of the Provincial Church - the Church arose to spread Lunar Truths among the Orlanthi and so its magics would be of more use to people like your hero). If so, he would get Combat (from Yanafal Tarnils), Madness (from Rufelza) and Revenge (also from Rufelza) which would be more useful. This BTW is just my opinion as there's no HW version of the Seven Mothers cult available.

--Peter Metcalfe