Re: THis may seem stupid but

From: Mark Galeotti <hia15_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 09:38:33 -0000

"John Hughes" <nysalor_at_p...> wrote:

> An 'x-lunar' - I guess you mean retired soldier or official -
Yarnafal you
> said? He would be fine in Sartarite cities and even in colonia
among the
> 'slave' tribes. He may be accepted for a short time even among free
tribes
> or rebel clans if presents himself by their rules - personal honour,
> fearlessness and appropriate boasting.

The advantage is that given that YT's core function within the lunar military is to tie together different kinds of units and military traditions, he quite probably has a training in understanding and working with different - alien - cultures. If he has chosen then to live in Sartar he is either (a) suicidal or (b) relatively openminded.  If he doesn't make too big a deal of his faith, try to convert people actively or challenge local beliefs and authorities, then he could become a 'guest' even if, as John says, never an insider. I'd agree that Relationships would be key here - saving the life of the chieftain's son and heir or driving off the raiders about to steal the prize bull would help. Even so, the lunar can expect challenges and insults and probaby to be treated with all the affection and tolerance extended to shamen...

Mark