Re: Re: THis may seem stupid but

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 21:58:56 +1200

Mark Galeotti wrote:

>The advantage is that given that YT's core function within the lunar
>military is to tie together different kinds of units and military
>traditions, he quite probably has a training in understanding and
>working with different - alien - cultures.

In a old and early draft of the Glorantha: Intro, I once made the point that Yanafali (Lunar "We Are All Us") understanding of different military traditions they work with allowed them to understand the martial traditions of their enemies. However this only went so far: the Yanafali could only understand martial traditions that shared a similar concept of honour and sportsmanship (like the Carmanians, Orlanthi or the Humakti) while those that did not share these values (Pentans, Praxians, Uroxi, Trolls etc) were seen as despicable. When in contact with strange civilian customs (such as the Eurmali, the Orlanthi feuds etc), they are uncomprehending as any other Pelorian...

--Peter Metcalfe