Re: Campaign characters

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 21:09:48 +1000

Roland:

Are your players picking the more martial
> gods or are they picking gods from all walks of life?

I'm a player in Chris Bell's Kheldon 'Thunder Drum!' e-mail campaign. We have (pause for breath - its a big group)...

a Finovan herder
a stormy Orlanthcarl/Ohorlanth farmer
a Vingan warrior, (we think - even she's not sure since she got better from being dead)
another Vingan, a palisade defender, not ex-dead but with a touch of Rigsdal (typecast again :))
a Durev householder/juror
a Vingkoti
a Yavor Thunderous, 'hint of Mastakos' godar (our clan has a *Dark* secret ) an ex-hunter, bonded Eurmali (anybody wanna swap?) a sunbright Elmali (the shame, the shame) a 'good ol' boy' Minlister brewer
a disfigured and suitably wizened Orlanthi ancient A solitary Lawspeaker/ancestor type.
a Kev the Queen weaver-witch gyrda
and yerr old-fashioned but reliable speedbump Humakti, complete with solitary lodge by the bridge.

In short a glorious confusion, and a thorough mix of fighters and non-fighters - just right for a peace clan. And not a hint of Storm Bullies, dread knee-chopping hueymakts or Malkoni sorcerers called Bruce.

A bit like King of Sartar, I think its gonna be *years* before we've explored and absorbed all the nuances and possibilities of the new Heortling cults. Which is *great*.

John

nysalor_at_... John Hughes

Monstaer moppe fleor wyth eallum men in haelle. Beowulf in bacceroome fonecall bemaccen waes; Hearen sond of ruccus saed, 'Hwaet the helle?' Graben sheold strang ond swich-blaed scharp Stond feorth to fyht the grimlic foe.
'Me,' Godsylla saed, 'mac the minsemete.' Heoro cwyc geten heold with faemed half-nelson Ond flyng him lic frisbe bac to fen.
Beowulf belly up to meaddehaele bar,
Saed, 'Ne foe beaten mie faersom cung-fu.' Eorderen cocca-colha yce-coeld, the reol thyng.