Re: Tappy Easter

From: janjero_at_...
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:03:42 -0000

> Another good point, and one I wasn't thinking about at all
(although I can
> see the farmers needing magical help to deal with disease and
bugs). It
> occurs to me that Horal might not only have very high scores in
combat
> abilities but also have been "tapped out" of all sorts of things --
fear,
> uncertainty, self-preservation, etc. The very oldest Brithini
warriors are
> going to be barely human, I'd think, and pretty unstoppable.
> Is there a spell to tap fatigue?

Mmm... In a narrative/novelistic situatiion, I might agree, but as a general rule, I suppose you can't tap flaws, and the above are flaws (for a soldier, at least). Thumbs down.

Brithini rely
> on tapping for extra power and any "community magics" necessary are
> provided by the Zzabur caste, who, with centuries to build up their
skills,
> are able to create effects with extremely broad coverage and long
duration.
> Does that about cover it?

BTW, I don't recall if I asked this already, but I feel a bit befuddled these days, so please forgive me in adavnce: during sacred time is duration magic (especially sorcery) erased or mixed-up, like it happened according to RQ3?

Or is this a rule question?
Gian