Almost always victorious Re: Digest Number 418

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 14:51:35 -0400

Chris Lemens wrote:

> John:

> >*Is an Orlanthi 'guarantee' reliable only 85%
> >of the time?
>
> How can we find it if it was never lost? How would it
> have been lost if its owning clan always won the
> battle? (These are not ncessarily rhetorical
> questions.)
>
> Chris Lemens

The Dragonkill. There were few survivors. No matter how spelendid one's abilities and prowess, an entire fyrd is just a yummy mouthful for a dragon.

There's a lot of old bits and pieces lying around.

And, of course, having the banner is no protection against it being stolen. I think a banner like that doesn't care who weilds it as long as it is treated properly. For example, Troy could not fall until the Greeks had stolen the Palladium of Athena from the Trojans -- and it was glad to be stolen, IIRC.

Jeff