RE: Almost always victorious Re: Digest Number 418

From: Richard, Jeff <jeff.richard_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 12:05:17 -0700

>> How can we find it if it was never lost? How would it
>> have been lost if its owning clan always won the
>> battle? (These are not ncessarily rhetorical
>> questions.)

>The Dragonkill. There were few survivors. No matter how spelendid
>one's abilities and prowess, an entire fyrd is just a yummy
mouthful for

>a dragon.
>There's a lot of old bits and pieces lying around.

Other "old bits and pieces lying around" include whatever remaining bits of the old Heortling High Regalia (given by Heort to HIS ring) is still in existence, the Sword and/or the Helm of the Vingkotlings, the regalia of lost tribes like the Berenethtelli, the Stravuli, etc. Some of these ancient items of power have been re-employed, like Ironbreaker, once worn by the Warlord of Lakrene (and possibly the Warlord of the High Council), is now part of the regalia of the Bilini tribal kings. Others come to mind, like the Black Spear of the Colymar or the Helmet of Perides. Jonstown is built atop the ruins of a Vingkotling-Heortling hill fort and Nivorah has been refounded at least three times that I'm aware of.

Jeff