RE: Bilini cults

From: Richard, Jeff <jeff.richard_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:28:09 -0700

>About a week ago, Greg said that the I Fought We Won
>and the story of the Second Son extended a ways up
>into Peloria, including Aggar and Saird, but I think
>not including the Bilini. (But don't rely on my
>memory.)

IFWW and the Second Son are among the defining myths of the Heortling cultures. This would be limited to the Orlanthi of Aggar, Holay, Tarsh, Sartar and Hendrikiland, and to their colonists (if any still exist) in Vanch. Syllila and Talastar are not Heortling - although the Talastari were heavily "Heortlingized" during the First Age.

The Bilini are not Heortlings - they are descended from the Nine Clans of Talastar (although they were not one of the nine clans). They appear out of the chaos following the Gabji Wars - which for them was a return of the Darkness - once again, Sadar took Hagodereth away from his people and they were no longer protected from war, ruin and famine.

Jeff