Re: (delightfully loony) Campaign Characters

From: epweissengruber_at_...
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:50:41 -0000

This is the old Runequest I know and love ... a gloriously daft melange

> -a Vingan (standard HW rules version)
> -a Yinkini (played by a fellow who takes his cats seriously...)
> -a Hedkoranthi ex-Lunar who had been bashed on the head a few too
many times,
> and talked to his Elder Thunderstone. Reputedly it talked back...
> -an O. Thunderous Godtalker
> -a (rather lost) Carmanian Sorceror-type on a quest for
a "heretical" tome to
> liberate his homeland...

Reminds me of the Humakti, Baboon, Shaman, Dragonewt bands of my youth!

There is an amazingly symbolic moment in KoDP: a dragonewt, duck, Vingan, and Pamaltelan show up at your tula. the best course of action is to slay them immediately. Does this say something about the relationship between the new Glorantha and the old? ;-)

> The Hedkoranthi was the most competent in a fight, though his best
rolls
> tended to be associated with his Thunderstone. The godtalker was
plain
> harmless in combat (bad rolls, consistently) until I loaned him a
holy spear
> which allowed him to use his Wind affinity as a direct close combat
skill (a
> 'loan' becaused he had to go do certain things with it then hand it
over to a
> fellow headed on a Heroquest; he *really* wants one of his own
now...)