Re: Re: characters played

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 23:20:18 +0100

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:03:52 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>All my players had a hard time depicting the setting so I tried to play it very
>much "viking style". I don't think it did work. If I hadn't showed them KoDP it
>would had been even worse. Playing in rich settings like Glorantha is hard. I
>can't make them read my *big* pile of Gloranthan documents after all, can I?

Always, IMHO, the problem which has dogged Glorantha since it became more than just another fantasy world. The next time I run it I will be lending out my copy of KoDP and ensuring that everyone's spent at least a couple of hours playing it before they pass it on.

>After checking out TR I'll know that that much esoterica and zillions of gods
>will never work. For the time being we're not playing HW though.

Agreed. I think I'll be stressing key Orlanth aspects/subcults (ie Destor) and presenting most of the rest as weird mystery cults that those no good Greydogs go in for,

Is Carl Hiaassen shaking his head and saying "If I'd have written this, no-one would have beleived it?"