RE: Re: Just a thought

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 14:54:51 +0300 (EET DST)

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Peter Larsen wrote:

<snip>
> will be lower among the Heortlings than in a similar RW society. Besides, I
> don't think people are going to want to imagine their Heortlings and dirty,
> lice-ridden, stinking, scabby, diseased creatures (even if it's true,
> despite the best attemps of hard-working Seven Mothers missionaries
> "Artemex, the only thing they use their streams for is mills; they say
> washing upsets the river daimons. Honestly, Artemex, what's a missionary to
> do...").
>
> Peter Larsen

The Romans learned of soap from the celts, and at least the Finnish sub-branch of the Viking culture was married to their saunas. So I think the orlanthi like to keep themselves clean when they can.

Those yelmic types propably don't know about soap, and use olive oil to clean themselves... And somehow strong parfumes and colones seem to fit the Empire, so why should they bathe that often. What kind of a Yelmic person takes a bath anyway??

        -Adept