Re: Re: West, sorcery and chaos

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 19:40:22 +1200

At 19:56 1/05/01 +0000, you wrote:

> > The Vadeli are chaotics but have special spells to hide this.

>Really? Are they not one of the original denizens of Danmastalan?

They are. But they degenerated from this high ideal.

>Are they chaotic by nature or by choice?

By choice.

> > I can't think of what the Seshnegi (or the Umathelans)
> > might do about Chaos. They have Vadeli in any case.

>Are Vadeli so weel-known in Seshnelan history? They may be chaotic,
>but they are a small fraction of chaos to a Seshnelan, or so I figure.

I only meant the most likely chaotic entity a Seshnegi might meet would be a Vadeli. In Seshnela, they make a living as moneylenders because the Rokari consider usury a sin. Among other Malkioni nations they would glady do what other Malkioni consider a necessary evil.

When I say the Vadeli are chaotic, I do not mean they act like broos, scorpionfolk or ogres. The Brown Vadeli are polite, well -spoken and intelligent folk, that make a great show of living by the restrictive laws that other Malkioni force upon them.

>Saint Gerome. I loved it. Someone here in Italy keeps calling
>me "Gerome" for the assonance of my name, so I can't forget that
>order.

At least he doesn't call you Gerome for having shaggy beard or beating your breast with a stone.

> > As for Saint
> > Gerome, the Inferno is probably the best source material.

>Who has written more about Gerome? You, Peter, or Greg or Jamie?
>Where can I find more?

The only thing I know about Gerome is what was written in the HW:RiG book.

--Peter Metcalfe