Re: Subjective Glorantha? (Warning : wildly off topic)

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 12:00:09 +0100 (BST)

> > The existence of a quantifiable truth that can be (but has not
> > been) discovered is one of the basic postulates of science. Whether you
> > believe this or not is a matter for personal faith, and wildly off topic.
> >
> > Personally I believe it is true for our world and false for glorantha.
>
> I don't like this approach much. I understand the need for subjective
> writings and subjective "truths". But even Glorantha is not a totally
> subjective world (and please don't comment on Glorantha being a
> makebelieve world, and thus subjective).

Let me restate this for clarity. Glorantha has a truth to it - there are facts, there are ways in which it works. However I do not believe the fundamental truths are quantifiable. In other words, I do not believe it is possible to reduce the basic truths of Glorantha to mathematical formulae the way science seeks to for our world.

There are cultures in Glorantha that disagree, and there will be Gloranthas where my view is wrong. However, I made this decision for my own Glorantha because for me it is the most fun.

In other words, Mikko and I are not actually disagreeing.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stableyard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net