Outlawry & Orlanth

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 11:46:30 -0400

Odd occurence. Might want some suggeestions from the wise folks here.

A group of heroes have been exiled and _outlawed_. They willingly went into exilt to save their clan from Lunar Reprisals. They and their Warband were fully outlawed by the new Clan Ring, not a lesser outlawry.

It was brought to my attention by a player that an outlaw cannot call upon Orlanth. And this would explain WHY Gagarth is so 'popular' among the disenfranchised. Without magic, a man is in terrible danger, but the Wild Hunt will provide -- as long as you can keep the pace.

(On a side note, when they were formally outlawed by the chief, their clan tatoos went all blotchy.)

Would this mean that the outlaw cannot use any Orlanth/Ernalda cult powers until he/she rejoins a community or until he is readopted or founds a new clan? Currently, the group is a member of a community -- the Hidden Shield Warband. The warband is, IMHO, not an orlanthi community other than that they are a warband associated with a Heortling hero.

I am thinking that they lose access to any Orlanth/Ernalda affinties until they rejoin a proper community. Currently, they are in the north end of the Storm Walk Mountains in an area that's 'unclaimed' and thinking of founding a clan from the various refugees they have met and some of the folks at Geo's whom might be useful as well as any relatives of the Warband who are willing to be exiled or leave their home clans.

As soon as they found a clan and a ring, I think that the Orlanth/Ernalda magic will return as they have founded a new community...

Anyone have any suggestions/thoughts? My group has accidentally gone from a clan/tribe oriented game to a
warband/setting-up-a-new-Ars-Magica-Coventant game on me.

Jeff