RE: Further thoughts on Glorantha

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 14:47:56 +0100

Benedict wrote:

> Many of our sources cover large areas, and so are spread rather
> thin. The excellent RQ3 Genertela book, for example, didn't even
> mention things below the scale of a largish town. There are places
> on the old Dragon Pass map (c 1975) which, to my knowledge, have
> never been referred to ever again.

This is an excellent point. I remember a poster to the Digest being surprised that MOB couldn't tell him the history, mythology, etymology, hidden secrets and mayor's hat size for every settlement on the Sun County map. (If you ask me, MAR Barker has a lot to answer for!).

> <grumble>
> Unfortunately, Issaries Inc. apparently did less checking, so the few
> more snippets about the Sambari in forthcoming publications (SR?)
> will be inconsistent with what we know from HotB, for example.
> </grumble>

We did provide a copy of "Home of the Bold" for use by the authors of Hero Wars Sartarite material, so any changes and inconsistencies are probably deliberate. (Which suggests that they will lead to fun developments and revelations in future releases).

Also, HotB was of course an unofficial fan-written product, so "what we know" from that game has never been official Gloranthan Truth, however much you enjoyed it.

Cheers, Nick