Re: the fyrd

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 00:25:15 -0000

> Actually the poignancy of encountering the once mighty fyrd wyter
would make
> for a great plot line too.
> "Why I once was the greatest wyter you've ever seen!" Do wyters
wear shawls
> and cough a lot?

Harking back to the Eagle of the Ninth scenario, one aspect of a continuing plotline might be the rebuilding of what I assume to be a unit wyter. There might be an analogy here with uncovering the aspects of a god, in that the recovered vexilla might need to "remember" the feats it used to be able to perform for its parent unit. Reeinstating such a vexilla might be a cause of some controversy, and might provide a continuing storyline as the unit seeks to perhaps perform hero-quest style operations in order to prompt the wyters recovery (like pulling off an ambush to recover ambush powers).