Re: Argraths

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 12:04:56 EDT

In a message dated 05/05/01 12:39:24 GMT Daylight Time, HeroWars_at_yahoogroups.com writes:

<< >Argrath might well turn out to be a Vingan...

 The Vingan Argrath would be Kallyr Starbrow. >>

      Well, we know from KoS that whoever Argrath is, he isn't Kallyr - but, yes, the long terms effects on your game are essentially identical (and it was one the options I mentioned later on).

<< >The clan generator allows for the possibility of Lunar
 >Symps as player heroes...

 The original clan questionnaire did (the one on which the Java applet is based), but I'm not too certain that the version which will appear in "Sartar Rising!" will remotely resemble it. The last draft I saw departed from the original/applet immensely, but was still *very* cool. >>

    It depends in what way it varies of course, but, yes, I'd agree that if the rules don't allow you to create a Lunar Symp clan then there's no reason for the possibility of a Lunar victory to be covered in any detail (given that, if it ever happens in a non-symp game, the campaign is probably over anyway). I'd be disappointed, mind - my last group would have loved to play members of a Lunar Symp clan, I'm sure - but I'd find it a consistent and viable approach for Issaries to take.

     Of course, if I ever get to run a Heortling campaign, the players will likely be plotting against Argrath anyway, whoever he is, even without being symps, but I wouldn't *expect* HW support for the sort of campaign I'd want to run :-)

Trotsky