Re: Argraths

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 08:00:06 EDT

Olli Kantolla:

<< > Well, we know from KoS that whoever Argrath is, he isn't Kallyr - but,
> yes, the long terms effects on your game are essentially identical (and it
> was one the options I mentioned later on).

 Why not? >>

      Because we know that Argrath became king only after Kallyr's death.

<<If the PCs try to make it happen and succeed, then there is Kallyr the Liberator. It would seem rather stupid to make sure that they fail (instead of giving them a rough time) only because some obscure tome to be written in the future says it. It might be a long shot, but what the hell.>>

     I thought that was exactly the point I was making - just because KoS says that Kallyr is defeated and replaced by Argrath doesn't mean that that has to happen in your game. Ditto with an eventual Lunar victory, or with the strange stuff that I'd suggest the players aim for in my Glorantha. And even if Argrath does triumph, he doesn't have to do it anything like the way he did in KoS, nor does have to be the tyrant that KoS portrays him as once he's on the throne. Even with all its ambiguity, KoS only describes one set of possible outcomes - your game can be entirely different, and hopefully Sartar Rising will provide guidelines and/or scenarios that can cope with non-KoS outcomes. After all, it's your Glorantha :-)

Trotsky