Re: Argraths

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 20:57:34 -0000

> > -> Absolutely. I'd be very disappointed if Sartar Rising (or
its
> sequel)
> > says 'Kallyr must die, even if it would ruin your game', but I
think
> this is
> > a bit unlikely - and I'm sure people would ignore it even if it
did!
> I'd be a
> > little disappointed if it doesn't include options for a 'Kallyr
> survives'
>
> I suspect that its more complex than that. PC's are likely to
> be working for one of the other Argraths -- younger and in greater
> need for supporters than Kallyr, who already has a very strong
> organization. I suspect that many of the Argraths work for her as
> followers.... and you are their followers.

    Yes, that's a fair point. If, at the critical point, the PCs aren't powerful enough for Kallyr's story to be anything other than a backdrop to the action, then its entirely reasonable to prescribe a particular ending to that story in SR. My impression was that the critical point came rather late on though - Kallyr is Queen for quite some time after the Lunar defeat, which must be many years into the official campaign. And, if the player heroes are powerful enough to try and do something about it, there's always the chance they might succeed (assuming the GM is bothering to make the game interesting for them, which seems probable).

Trotsky