Re: Warfare and Mortality

From: Mark Galeotti <hia15_at_...>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 13:47:43 -0000

> > Are, then Mostali more cynical than humans? I would guess "yes,
for
> > this one and other reasons".
> >
> > Gian
>
> I think the Iron mostali have no qualm about killing, and indeed aim
> their blows to kill and not to wound. (A problem in HW parhaps. They
> definitely aren't berserkers, so bidding very high isn't quite
right.
> Parhaps the 15AP bid for grevious wounds would be about right.)

Of course, sometimes it's more efficient - something appealing to Mostali - to wound. Sentimental humans are then lumbered with a casualty to tend, protect, bring home, etc, depeting their effective strength by rather more than one combatant. Over the centuries, I'm sure Mostali have developed all the best How To Defeat Humans Efficiently manuals (and counterparts for all the other races), with a flow-diagram to evaluate whether it's best in a partcular circumstance to kill or wound...

Mark