MODERATOR: Copyright Warning

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 09:31:48 -0400

(A wee bit of Draconian Moderation. Please forgive the tone)

This is a test of the Emergency Moderator System.

Following a recent incident on the Glorantha Digest, I would like to remind people that posting copyrighted material to this forum is not acceptable without permission from the copyright owner. For Glorantha, official material is owned by Issaries, Inc. The fan stuff is owned by the original author.

Using SHORT excerpts to support your arguments or answer questions is fine, but posting copyrighted articles, cult descriptions, stories, etc. in their _entirity_ is not. I'd hate to have to take action in such matters. Its not fair to the authors or to Issaries.

Issaries is genuinely trying as hard as they can to make ALL their copyrighted material available in a form that is both appropriate and allows Greg to eat. This is a good thing.

Oh, and lets not have a debate about Intelectual Properties and the Internet.

This has been a test of the Emergency Moderator System. You may now return to your regularly scheduled discussion.

Thanks for your time!

Jeff Kyer
List Owner