Re: Glorantha names

From: janjero_at_...
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 07:08:05 -0000

> if you encounter a few lunars now and then in Sartar its probably
> fine. (hmmm, a thought, how a native english speaker and native
> Finnish speaker are apt to naturally pronounce a lot of these names
> might differ mightily! You may "hear" those names very differently
> than how I do).
> --Bryan

Thanks Bryan: your post is very clear.

I agree on everything; just an example:
in my campaign we have lots of Broos (of course), but to us italians Broos is not similar to brother/fratello. I imagine you anglophone say Broo like Mooh (the cows' sound), but to us Mooh is too familiar.

We say Bros or Broos like Doors and it is an alien sound to us inspiring revulsion (apart from Warner Bro[o]s).

Ciao,
Gian