Re: Tula

From: ian_hammond_cooper_at_...
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 10:57:25 -0000

> John Hughes wrote:
> > See Thunder Rebels page 33. Most clans have a particular stead
(usually the 'founder's stead') that contains the chief's hall and at least one lodge/hearth for each of the clan's bloodlines - for representation and ease of consultation.

Benedict Adamson wrote:
> I'd disagree about the separate lodges for the bloodlines (whatever
> TR says). I think the Chief provides hospitality in his hall
instead.

I disagree too, and I cannot find this stated in TR at this moment. That is surely why the chief has his mead-hall - to host these people.

Also note that killing somebody who is a guest is a crime and demands a weregild based not only on the victim's man-price but the hosts.

Ian Cooper