Re: Re: Open Seas Ritual

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 13:32:51 +0300 (EET DST)

On Fri, 11 May 2001, Peter Nordstrand wrote:

> Richard:
>
> > The city of Gemborg has stolen the
> > ritual from humans so most of it is in a
> > language the sailors don't
> > understand anyway.
>
> In Heroes #2 (reprinted in Tales of the Reaching Moon
> #10) Greg Safford writes about the war fleets of
> Glorantha. Among the ships described in the article
> are the Dwarf Floating Castles. They are said to be
> "made out of cement and reinforced metal, and is used
> for both war and commerce." So I'd say that the dwarfs
> *do* know how to traverse the seas.
>
> I have no idea how they got hold of the knowledge,
> except that the Open Seas ritual does not seem to be
> one of Glorantha's best guarded secrets. ;-)
>
> Regards,
> /Peter Nordstrand

Please. You think Zzaburs spell would stop the mostali? There's bound to be at least one true Silver Mostali still alive and working with the clay dwarfd. Give him a century, and he'll drill a nice little Dwarven Floating Castle shaped hole into the firewall of Zzaburs spell (to use a computer analogy)

Just a tought,

        -Adept