Hillforts

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 21:31:46 -0000

Looks like some of our discussion on Hillforts was nicely timed. Check out the www.herowars.com site.

Hmm. Interesting progression:

Dragon Pass is a hillfort for the gods -- This is probably the whole Storm realm... as seen on the holy days. Many features are hillforts for the demi-gods such as Vingkot's fort. I'd suspect these look normal when you're on the Hero Plane Then there are the hillforts built since that time by the humans.

But, when you're in the correct era, that era's terrain looks just right. My head hurts. =)

Looks like we have a certain amount of degeneration from a 'golden age.' I'd suspect that building a hillfort is outside the capabilities of a clan. (I forced an overly ambitious player to calculate the number of bushels of earth required to build a rather modest ringfort at dice-point. Result: 1,400,000 bushels approx. This is a bit out of the reach of a clan, even WITH magic...)

Going in search of asprin...

Jeff Kyer