Re: Lunar Army article

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 20:08:27 -0000

This was also a problem I had. Perhaps as the article evolves dates that happened since time began could be modified to show both yelmic empire time and storm time (or whatever the more familiar dating system is called). Something like 111,380 (639ST) would be useful (note: I have no idea what the actual correct year would be).

> Never mind that, I'm still trying to figure out some of the
terminology

and I found myself thinking: "what a marvelous way to encourage people to buy that map of the Lunar Empire!" I always have an awful time keeping all of those numerous regions straight in my mental geography.

Mind you, despite all of us having our own confusions, I think everyone agrees that the articles are generally wonderful :)

> Have I just failed to
> find the glossary (there's a lot of material, so its entirely
possible that I
> did) or is there really not one there?

A glossary would be definate boon! Even if it was presented as a work in progress. You know, write down your working definition of half a dozen types of troops, add more information as questions get submitted.

Or even a FAQ, again it doesn't have to be comprehensive to be helpful. You could start with a transtlation of dates, a description of the basic troop types, and a pointer to the Lunar Empire map :) Much as I think this series of articles will be invaluable, I think it will be even more valuable if it grows just a little more slowly, but a little more accessibly.

I do want to thank the authors for making all that work available to us all, however!

--Bryan