Re: Roman analogies

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 15:48:01 -0000

Without getting into nit-picky detail, based on the above two reasons I expect that lunar armies are often vast sprawling things speaking 10 languages and using twice that many styles of fighting. Which is why Yanafil Tarnis is so important--that diversity can be a strength (they have a unit perfectly suited for every need) or a weakness (they can easily get the wrong unit matched up against every challenge). With Yanafil Tarnis' magic, the lunars are good at using that diversity to their advantage.

I suspect that a good part of future rebel success upon the field of battle will be the development of rebel generals who are equally adept at finding the weaknesses of the various units.

I think this could be an interesting twist to throw at players occasionally. Whenever a hero band is getting too confident that they know how to deal with their local lunar opposition, rotate the troops, and bring in something completely and utterly different, with different arms and armour, different fighting styles, and different magic. It should make for some interesting comments when the heroes are prepared to run circles around a small group of heavy infantry, only to be confronted with Avilry!

--Bryan