Re: Archaeology in Glorantha

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 13:28:01 +0300 (EET DST)

On Wed, 16 May 2001, Posselt, Theo (US - Foster City) wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I'm somewhat curious... Glorantha obviously has an extremely rich history,
> but compared to other game settings there are comparatively few physical
> traces of this history in the games I've played...

Indeed. Having carried the Sword of Light in a Kulthea campaign, for instance I'd like more good ideas&writeups of items from the days of yore.

> (especially in Peloria)? I think of Arkat's Unbreakable Sword, the Sword
> and Helm, the Raven Banner, and (I guess) Nysalor's body, but that's about
> it. Bonus points for describing any legendary powers associated with the
> items.

Battle banner of the EWF, Windsword (from Griffin mountain), Ironbreaker, Dragonewt armor, those mass produced magical swords from machine city, ...

The old RQ-2 supplement Plunder had some nifty ideas. I just wish I could remember which book had those Yelmalian Hawk helmets :/

Should dip into the KoDP treasures again for inspiration (and direct adoption).

        -Adept