Re: Re: Heortling combat

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 14:38:54 -0400

Roderick and Ellen Robertson wrote:

> > Of course, it could be worse -- you COULD be doing Elphinstone's
> retreat
> > from Afganistan....
>
> Ah, poor old Elphy Bey. I have this vision of the Retreat from Sartar
> - a

Poor fellow. Justly maligned, though. Of course, with the Dragonrise, who KNOWS who ended up in charge of the renaments of the Lunar Garrison of Boldhome. Its a good scenario idea, if you're into being doomed. I think it might be a good START to a Lunar campaign, though.

Getting past the Exiles would be a bit nasty -- fortunately, Alda-Chur stays more or less Imperial after the Dragonrise, doesn't it?

> vast demoralized Lunar army with hangers-on, bedeviled by the loss of
> their
> most potent magics and troops at the DragonRise. Argrath promises them
> free
> passage up the River, but the tribes in the hills see a opportunity
> for loot

It'd be like pouring blood in the water, chum... Living another day to stave off the vengance of the cruel hillmen is the only victory in this case.

> like nothing seen in human memory... Of course, there are occasional
> flashes of brilliance in the army, and the wives do their part, but
> the only
> Hero of the march is a young Dara Happan named Manflash, found in the
> ruins
> of Piper's Fort clutching the standard of his regiment...
>
> RR

Flashie's a good archtype, cad that he is. I can't help but liking him. (Okay, so I try to play soemthing like that in Space 1899...)

El Jeffe
Presidente and temporary Minister for Squeeky Toys

--
Jeffrey Kyer
BESI Interim Change Management (EP) / Consultant