Re: Old Relics

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 15:29:23 EDT

In a message dated 18/05/01 18:12:04, you write:

<< BTW, all of this talk of mysterious and possibly dangerous buried Yoof  artifacts makes me think of Sartar as being rather more post-apocalyptic  than I had earlier thought... I've always imagined Sartar as being fairly  'greenfield', but I like the idea of the country being littered with the  scary detritus of past wars, and of the Heortlings (and especially the lunar  colonists, who don't know better) always being in danger of triggering  something they really shouldn't have...

 Theo >>

I might be prejudiced but I think of modern Sartarites as a desperate bunch of colonists scavenging around the ruins of a great civilisation (the EWF). I can almost imagine a Planet of the Apes style Statue of Liberty moment, where your Sartarite youth realises that some immense monument was actually the remains of his ancestors labours.

Keith Nellist