RE: RE: Gloranthan Archeology

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 18:09:20 -0400

> > > Dragonnewt armor?  don't they have their own skin? do they
> > wear armor?
> >
> > Actually they do but the armour in question here is that made
> > from their
> > skin.  Unfortunately unlike most things killed to make armour
> > dragonewts
> > come back looking for you so a suit of armour is good for testing your
> > combat skills.  Dragonewts cannot go to the next stage in
> > their existence
> > without their hides intact as it were.

> Ok, that makes an awful lot of sense. two questions on this, now that
we're
> straying off-topic. First, is it canonical that they have to have their
> hides to move up the psychic ranks? This seems a little odd, given that
> they're physically recreated with each resurrection. What if their old
body
> just lost some scales - would they have to recover those as well.

That's a good question actually. I'm pretty sure that's what it said in Plunder but my memory could be faulty or this could quite likely have been superceded by more recent information. For some reason it sticks with me that they always hunt down anyone who skins them (and the only way to permanently stop them is to destroy their egg which could pose problems.

> second - actually this is a comment more than a question - who knows what
> dragonnewt's reaction might be to being skinned. perhaps it would be
good
> for it...

Could be.

> > than they were intended for. Take the example of Ingeborg Bollison who
> > wields the dreaded Bladed Mace of the Lost Dragons. This is

> Loved this example as well... I should ask you for all of my 'annoy the
> players' items.

Feel free to.

> I always thought of Paranoia as being a good source for dealing with
> openhandist Mostali...

Ah, Paranoia, now there was a silly system. Lot's of fun, though.

Oliver