Pre-moving rituals

From: Dave Pearton <dzo_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 10:59:51 -0700

My first thing would be propriation of the ancestors. Either one needs to convince them to move with you - taking earth from the ancestral urn field? Or cutting yourself off from them so that they don't think you are abandoning them with the attendant bad luck that that would entail... Maybe they have ancient ancestors in Dragon Pass from before the Dragonkill that they might be able to re-establish relations with now that the deathline is gone? (Sounds like a fun scenario!) Going into a new land without the support and intercession of your ancestors would be a scary thing!

Have fun - sounds like a great game.
Yak

>RITUAL Primary Purposes
>====== ================
> Concealment: hide passage/evade contact
> Defense: deflect attack/shield the weak
> Diplomacy: make friends/influence people
> Foraging: find food/find potable water
> Livestock: maintain herds/aid herdsmen
> Otherside: retain magic/assist questers
> Pathfinding: find best route/avoid dangers
> Tribefolk: maintain health/heal injured
> Warfare: demand tribute/fight enemies
>
>MUNDANE Primary Purposes
>======= ================
> Cunning: conceal plans/sow misinformation
> Emissary: negotiate passage/issue threats
> Fyrdmen: train fyrd/improve equipment
> Knowledge: conduct research/acquire maps
> Provender: stockpile grain/slaughter herds
> Raiding: steal livestock/acquire plunder
> Scouting: learn terrain/identify threats
> Trading: exchange herds/goods/treasures
> Warband: train warband/recruit warriors
>
>Should anyone think of other options I have not covered here, let me know
>and I will consider them. Both lists of preparations are reasonably
>complete but there is always another way. :)
>

>--
>Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
>mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and
>Ann Arbor, Michigan USA | swingsets. -- yours truly

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!