Re: Re: Vinga Cult

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 13:09:34 -0700

> > Do Ernaldans who take the red woman vow lose access to there
> > Ernaldan affinities?. Also is there some sort of training or study
> > period invoved to gain the new affinities?
>
> The magic is available as soon as the ceremonies are preformed. You'e
> made your sacrifices and then you're been gifted with the magic
> (probably starting at a 12). I don't see any reason why an Ernaldan
> would lose her other affinties -- Red Woman looks to be an Ernaldan
> subcult but I'm willing to be wrong about that. Certainly she'd get
> them back as soon as she was done.

She gives them up while she is in "vengeance mode", they are part of her "fertility". When she resumes her life after taking care of business, she drops the Vingan affinities and resumes her Ernalda ones. She gets the Red Woman affinities at 12, but does not need to pay HP for them. Note that she still worships Ernalda rather than Orlanth as a Red Woman, this means that she can't join other Orlanth subcults, as a "real" Vingan can.

RR