Re: Re: Vinga Cult

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 23:03:24 +0100

On Sun, 20 May 2001 17:00:36 -0000, you wrote:

>> Do Ernaldans who take the red woman vow lose access to there
>> Ernaldan affinities?. Also is there some sort of training or study
>> period invoved to gain the new affinities?
>
>The magic is available as soon as the ceremonies are preformed. You'e
>made your sacrifices and then you're been gifted with the magic
>(probably starting at a 12). I don't see any reason why an Ernaldan
>would lose her other affinties -- Red Woman looks to be an Ernaldan
>subcult but I'm willing to be wrong about that. Certainly she'd get
>them back as soon as she was done.
>
>Hope this helps
>
>Jeff

I can believe that the Affinities are available, but it would be bad juju to sacrifice to the Red Woman (Lunar's tried to co-opt that one yet?) and still try to remain a nurturing Mother. The Red Woman is about putting femininity aside in favour of revenge. You can't (IMHO) do both at the same time.

Is Carl Hiaassen shaking his head and saying "If I'd have written this, no-one would have beleived it?"