Re: Rape

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 12:15:06 EDT

Phil Hibbs:

<<>In Glorantha soldiers who rape are as much subject to turning
>into broo as anyone.

 So does that mean that in parts of Glorantha where there are no broo, there is no rape? Are there any such areas? Loskalm, perhaps? >>

     Loskalmi soldiers are less likely to indulge in rape than those of most other cultures, IMO, but that's not to say that it doesn't happen. One of the myths in the current draft of SK refers to an attempted rape, for instance, and of course the Loskalmi have laws against it, and expressly forbid it in their codes of chivalry - and, as we all know, you don't specifically ban something that never happens anyway.

     As for Broo, they are very rare in Fronela (according to AR) but I don't think they're non-existent. At some point in the past history of Prax, for example, enough broo were around to establish a self-sustaining population; that's never happened in Loskalm but the occasional broo still pops up - and runs away to Dilis if he has any sense.

Trotsky