Re: Praxian Everway

From: janjero_at_...
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 10:12:32 -0000

> > Inspite of any Godlearnerness, I would have thought Eiritha as
Earth
> > which also goes with the General Meaning of "Resilience,
Nurturing,
> > Stubborness" (the unyielding earth)
>
> That's a good point, but the elements are as much as psychological
and
> behavioural categorisation as much as anything. I think that Earth
only
> affects Praxians indrectly, when compared to agriculturalists. For
> farmers, the link is

I like this idea. It is consistent with the "Praxian sense of space", for instance. The PsoS is not an Ernaldan concept, but an Eirithan/Wahan one, IMO.

> Earth -> grain -> food
>
> For Praxians, it's
>
> Earth -> grass -> fodder -> beast -> milk -> food

Also (for both presumably) "Earth-cave-refuge" (the Paps are a refuge and the Uraldan heroquest in KoDP suggests an analogue meaning for Ernaldan secret sign too).
Uralda and Eiritha hide in caves (Ernalda). So I read it.

> This indirect link between earth and food means the earth is much
less
> important. It's the beasts that are the important things. Farmers
> treat land as property; pastoralists treat herdbeasts as property.

But it is a resource (scarce) for both: simply, for agriculturalists it is a static resource (to manage), for pasturalists its a dynamic resource (generating grazing to move and feed upon).

> Thanks for the comments,
>
> Neil.

You're welcome :)

Gian