Re: Virtues

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 13:41:56 -0400

Roger McCarthy wrote:

> I'm thinking of updating the pre-generated character
> sheets in the files section with at least some of the
> more common subcult and professional keyword
> combinations in TR and ST.
>
> This raises a question:
>
> How do people use the Virtues listed in TR and ST - do
> you treat them as:
>
> a) compulsory personality abilities at the same target
> number as the magical keyword (17 for medium level
> campaign starting characters)

In TR and in Storm Tribe it mentions that Virtues CAN be taken optionally by the character. They don't have to have them. And they don't have to have them at the full keyworld value. Somewhere from 12 to keyword value (Usually 17) is sufficient.

> b) as free (i.e. not included in 100 words/10
> abilities) compulsory other abilities at 13

Free. They are a part of the magical keyword.

> Although the answer may be lurking somewhere in TR or
> ST I can't seem to find it in the indexes.
>
> Am I right in thinking that we will also get clan and
> tribal virtues as well in SR?

Maybe. That's really up to the narrator. I usually give each clan and each tribe a special ability or viture. The Lismelder would have (as per tradition) Clodhopping 13.

> Plus has anyone else noticed that in ST Babeester Gor
> has changed two of her affinities and lost Snarl
> Darkness soemwhere along the way..

Maybe too many folks were snarling about it and it got lost?

--
Jeffrey Kyer
BESI Interim Change Management (EP) / Consultant