Storm Tribe: Antipodean Sighting

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 12:33:19 -0700

My copy arrived in the post yesterday - huzzah! It had an oddly familiar feel almost as soon as I had it in my hand, but what a great little resource it is. A few surprises, and I'm still exploring. It's great to read cults like Heler and Odayla in their considerable entirety for the first time, and I found new info in cults like Humakt utterly compelling - almost as compelling as the first magical time I read Cults of Prax back in ... nevermind. There's even more progress from Issaries on the stray dingbat and spelling font - very few mistakes are evident. The art of Simon Bray we've praised before, I'll praise it again. The rest of the artwork is ecclectic, from a reprinted death dwake, (Hooeymakt is official!, but what of Dooeymakt and Looeymakt?), William Church's death sword from Cults of Prax (a fitting gesture) and a beautifully rendered but genre-jarring "Aolian" Goldentongue straight out of an En Garde! campaign.

I'm far too close to the work to deliver any sort of objective summary, but its a beautifully presented and extremely-readable book.

Back to my reading....

John

nysalor_at_... John Hughes

The hills of Largertarn